Thursday, September 5, 2019

CHANGE

[This post ran three years ago when I was having significant work done to my house. That's pretty much finished--now we're on the smaller jobs, like new outside doors. Houses on  my one-block long neighborhood have been sold and bought and sold again. We're a restless race, always moving around. Most change finds me rolling with it--even the biggest change of all, losing loved ones to death. And yet--and yet--they aren't lost, only changed. I hope change doesn't derail your life--even if you get shunted onto a side line.]

You can always tell when the season is shifting, because I blog about transitions and change. Here’s the latest batch—they’re all visuals because I don’t have anything new to say about change.



 C. S. Lewis, known to many as the creator of The Chronicles of Narnia, became a Christian late in life and wrote many books about faith.











Maya Angelou is known for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, as well as for many volumes of poetry.












Rumi was a 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic.












My  story--my life--is in my hands. Staggering thought, isn't it?






One early morning gratitude--mumbled while your eyes are trying to open, before the morning jolt of caffeine, before your feet hit the floor--just one expression of thankfulness can make a difference in how your day starts, continues, and ends.


-----
Since change is inevitable, you--and I--might as well try to embrace it.

Have a wonderful week!



2 comments:

  1. I can accept it, usually, but embracing it is often beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a lifelong struggle. Encouraging, huh? But we're still here....

      Delete