Thursday, February 15, 2024

 MORE GLEANINGS....

In past years I've shared some of my "gleanings," those phrases and ideas and concepts that struck me as noteworthy and might appeal to others folks also.

Today, just past the middle of February, I'm in the crowd that's agitating for Spring! I do know that it'll come when it comes. But, really--isn't it nice to have something to cheer for?

I'm not a fan of any sport, though in my day I've held down the bleachers for my kids' events. But I do sense a need to have something to get excited about. (This may just be a fancy way of describing Hope, one of my favorite things.)

So today's gleanings are on the light side. You know, if you have a case of the grumps that you can't get rid of, somebody else's wit or humor might just shift your attitude a few millimeters.

-----

Everybody complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it. Mark Twain

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. Abraham Lincoln

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. Winston Churchill

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. Albert Einstein

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. Jim Carrey

Always remember you are absolutely unique. Just like everybody else. Margaret Mead

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. Isaac Asimov

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. Groucho Marx

-----

Did you get a chuckle or two? Or maybe a little smile tugging at the corners of your mouth? Well, good! You're on your way to having a good day. Oh, you got a growl? All right! Go with that. And have a better day because you got it out of you early on.

Until next time, have a blessed week.

Thursday's Child


It's on the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment