Thursday, November 6, 2014

30 DAYS OF GRATITUDE
If you're a regular on Facebook, you know that November is the month for "30 Days of Gratitude."

Anyone who wants to participate signs on and lists something for Day 1, Day 2, and so on.

I usually forget to do something like that every day. My daily must-dos are walking, pills, and rest in the afternoon.

So I'm taking today's blog as a time to run through a week of Gratitudes.

Thursday - I'm grateful for the Internet - email - blogs. So much information is available, and quickly, right in my own home. I can keep up with friends and family easily. And I can get my entertainment on other people's blogs. I might learn something, too!

Friday - I'm grateful for health care workers and for those who work in alternative healing, such as acupuncture, Reiki, and other types of energy work.

Saturday - I'm grateful for the abundance and availability of items when I go shopping. My new refrigerator makes it easy for me to stock up for a week, instead of buying only what I can use in a day or two.

Sunday - I'm grateful for my church where this Sunday we will honor all who have served in the armed forces. My gratitude for all veterans and those currently serving is boundless.

Monday - I'm grateful for friends who want to sew and knit with me. We enjoy each other's company, share each other's burdens, and make useful items for families in need.

Tuesday - I'm grateful for teachers and instructors who work at the senior center; their dedication to good health practices helps many who otherwise might not have the opportunity to reap the benefits of yoga and tai chi.

Wednesday - I'm grateful for strength and stamina to do my own yard work; our leaf crop this year is especially abundant.

-----
If you can't do the 30 days of gratitude on Facebook, make yourself a list of seven days. Write down what you will do each day. Then write down why you are grateful for that day's activity.

Have a good week! 

1 comment: