Thursday, June 22, 2017

SUMMERTIME . . .

Did you notice yesterday was the "longest day" of the year? We all know it's still only 24 hours, but because it was the Summer Solstice, it had the most hours of sunshine here in the northern hemisphere.

Did you do anything special to honor that special day? 

It may not be a national holiday, or a religious obligation, or even a red-letter day on your calendar. But it's the last time, for 364 more days, you'll have that much sunshine. 

-----
In my family, summer birthdays dwindle to one per month in June, July, and August. We gear up again in September with three, then a little break till December, January, February, and March.

This summer we have a big celebration for the 10th birthday of one of my grandsons. It's a water splash hoopla, and everybody and his dog is invited. (I'm pretty sure about the dogs.)

That's going to be my major event for summer. Two of my out-of-state kids will be back for the party and a few days' visit with me. And I'm sure a good time will be had by all.

After the party I'll have a couple of months to regroup before I have to be responsible, in charge, or available. Kinda nice to have a vacation from regular life!

-----
Hope your summer is just what you want it to be! 







1 comment:

  1. It's been lovely days here--not just weatherwise. Hope yours are, too.

    ReplyDelete