Thursday, January 17, 2019

FAVORITE THINGS....



I looked up favorite and discovered that it's possible to have more than one favorite thing! How wonderful is that?

1--One that is treated or regarded with special favor or liking:
     That song is my favorite.

     Especially--a person who is specially loved, trusted, or provided with
       favors by someone of high rank or authority:
     The king granted the land to two of his favorites.

2--A competitor judged most likely to win:
     Which horse is the favorite in this race?

And we all know about adding websites to our list of favorites--a/k/a bookmarks.

-----
Today I'm looking at definition #1--my own special likings. No particular order; just because a group is labeled second or third doesn't mean it is of lesser value.

First--Things that Make Me Smile
   The word Bookstore on a sign. . . or Library
   Puppies (I love L L Bean catalogs!)
   New fabric for making things

Second--Things that Give Me Comfort
   Food--mashed potatoes, homemade soup, brownies,
     tacos, pizza
   Warm clothes in winter; cool clothes in hot weather
   Quilts made by hand (mine or someone else's)

Third--Things that Bring Me Peace
   A new book by a favorite author
   A letter from my child or a friend
   A dependable vehicle

Fourth--Things that Make Me Get up in the Morning
   The smell of coffee brewing
   A project I want to continue or finish
   Appointments I want to keep

Fifth--Things I Can't Imagine Living Without
   Music
   My own home
   A church I belong to



 
Make your own list--you may surprise yourself what you really, really, really like a whole lot.

I discovered that my list of favorites is never-ending. I could go on and on and on.............

But I won't! Have a blessed week!



No comments:

Post a Comment