Thursday, April 14, 2022

WORDS FOR SPRINGTIME . . . 

We are well and truly into Spring. My neighbor has mowed his grass twice since the snow went away. Birds are eating everything we put out. And the wren who likes my house, has tried again, this year, to build a nest on top of my porch light--we even gave her a new wren house of her very own!


Here's a poetic thought from Robert Frost to honor Spring:

NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

-----

Spring will be with us for a while yet, then we'll let her go and enter into another season.
We don't own her--she's only loaned to us for a time. Let's enjoy Spring while she's with us.

P.S. I saw my first goldfinch this morning, all decked out in her golden plumage. Now there's
something that can stay for three seasons!

P.P.S. Sorry about the spacing--not able to fix it at the moment. 





1 comment:

  1. I saw my first bluebird the other day. I needed to, so was particularly grateful.

    ReplyDelete