Thursday, September 15, 2016

CHANGE

You can always tell when the season is shifting, because I blog about transitions and change. Here’s the latest batch—they’re all visuals because I don’t have anything new to say about change.



 C. S. Lewis, known to many as the creator of The Chronicles of Narnia, became a Christian late in life and wrote many books about faith.











Maya Angelou is known for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, as well as for many volumes of poetry.












Rumi was a 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic.












My  story--my life--is in my hands. Staggering thought, isn't it?






One early morning gratitude--mumbled while your eyes are trying to open, before the morning jolt of caffeine, before your feet hit the floor--just one expression of thankfulness can make a difference in how your day starts, continues, and ends.


-----
Change is taking place in my neighborhood. In the past eight months, three houses have sold, three more are on the market with Realtor signs in their yards. (We've managed to go through six different Realtors--another three or four to go and we've covered them all in our county.) This is remarkable because the whole street--one block long--has only 13 houses. 

Of the current occupants, only three were here when I moved in 31 years ago. We don't change quickly, but when we do--wow! Look out, world!

I expect to be here several more years--probably not 31, given the age I've attained. And I've made changes to my house; more coming shortly when the guys arrive to blow in insulation and re-side the house and garage. These changes I welcome because they'll make my house warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

Since change is inevitable, you--and I--might as well try to embrace it.

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. I won't pretend I always like change, but I do like excitement and sometimes you can't have one without the other. Loved the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz. One of the quotes went something like this: Without change, there'd be no butterflies. (Or, I'm thinking, a whole lot of other good stuff.)

    ReplyDelete