Thursday, June 16, 2022

ANSWERS . . .

I almost called this essay "If You Don't Ask, You Won't Get," but that opened up a couple cans of worms I wasn't ready to look at. So instead, I'm going to tell you about some answers I received. I did ask, but in a roundabout way. Here goes . . . .

Last time we visited, I told you about my Summer Blahs. I was so deep into them, that I asked for help.

Let me say right here--some of you must be psychic: I got answers before I even got the question out!

-----

Before I started to draft my post on The Blahs, I got an invitation from Liz Flaherty to guest blog at Window Over the Sink. (As an aside: If you haven't visited her blog, get on your horse and trot on over. It's great!) She has a guest each Wednesday ("Wednesday at the Window"). I read the previous person's essay and liked it so much, I commented: "Wish I'd written that." Liz responded, Okay, come on down! This was an ego-booster, folks, and I'm looking forward to writing that essay. Will let you know when it's published.

Later in the day I got a text saying my Arizona daughter had mailed a letter via USPS! Always look forward to mail.


In the evening (same day) I went to visit my Ohio daughter at her place of work--she had a little box of just-picked strawberries from her garden for me. Their  fragrance alone was intoxicating! Finally ate them a day or so ago--swoon-worthy.

Also that evening my live-in daughter found a movie on Netflix that ought to cure Blahs. She watched it and felt better. It's on my watchlist now.

So my cry for help generated four (count 'em!) Blah Busters.

As I said earlier, if you don't ask, you don't get. But remember to ask for good things--it's all about the good.

-----

I was going to suggest asking for cooler weather, but other people may not want that. And if I ask for it just for myself, then that's just plain selfish. So we'll let the weather take care of itself--summer is a-comin' anyway, guess I'll just dial back on the A/C thermostat when the heat gets out of bounds.

In the meantime, eat popsicles, run through the sprinkler, and have somebody deliver your meals. No need to heat up the kitchen.

Cool Blessings!

Thursday's Child





1 comment: