Thursday, August 4, 2022

 WORDS - WORDS - WORDS

[Last week we had a visitor from Arizona--my oldest daughter. It was the first time we'd seen each other in three years. Many things have changed in three years: my youngest daughter now lives with me; COVID has turned life on its head and given us a whole new set of behaviors; and, not surprisingly, we're all three years older! That last-named change--getting three years older--has become evident in my slower speed. Returning to what I call normal life takes longer after a time away, or, as in this case, time spent with others in my home. But it was a wonderful visit--my son and his wife also came to visit one afternoon, so it was almost a mini-family reunion. We were missing the Ohio daughter/sibling--she and her husband have been recuperating from the virus. Fortunately, she was able to visit by phone. As time passes, and travel may again become uncertain, we are grateful for time we could spend together, in person or with the aid of technology.

Because I had a well-filled week, I'm repeating a post about words of wisdom that appealed to me once upon a time and, funnily enough, still do. Hope they make you smile, too.]

-----
What is it about quotations and words of wisdom and sayings that intrigues us?

Here are some to entertain you - possibly give you a nudge - even make you smile in agreement.

-----


Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.
            -- John Wayne

We are all here for a spell; get all the good laughs you can.
            -- Will Rogers

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.
            -- Tallulah Bankhead

Never miss a chance to keep your mouth shut.
            -- Robert Newton Peck

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
            -- Mark Twain

-----


It is a mistake to regard age as a downhill grade toward dissolution. The reverse is true. As one grows older, one climbs with surprising strides.
            -- George Sand

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
            -- William James

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth.
            -- Evan Esar

-----
This thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.
            -- Mary Pickford

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
            -- Mother Teresa

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.
            -- Helen Keller

-----

Have a blessed week! Keep on keepin' on. And--look for rainbows!



1 comment: