Thursday, August 27, 2026

 

 

EMBRACING CHANGE

As Autumn approaches, my thoughts naturally turn to the topic of Change. It keeps on coming even if I want it to hold off a little while. You know, just till I get something finished. And if you recognize some of these comments, yes, today's post is built on one I published several years ago. 
 
This time of year always finds me unsettled--not because of the weather, exactly, but because I know Autumn is progressing and will come to an end, and we'll be engulfed in Winter. I don't mean to hurry the seasons along. If it were possible, I'd slow them down, so I could savor the sunny days and the few warm breezes that come my way. Yet, change is inevitable--time passes, life goes on. Everything changes. Everything.

Today's thoughts on transition and change are visuals because I don’t have anything new to say about change.



 C. S. Lewis, known to many as the creator of The Chronicles of Narnia, became a Christian late in life and wrote many books about faith.











Maya Angelou is remembered for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, as well as for many volumes of poetry.












Rumi was a 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic.












My  story--my life--is in my hands. Staggering thought, isn't it?






One early morning gratitude--mumbled while your eyes are trying to open, before the morning jolt of caffeine, before your feet hit the floor--just one expression of thankfulness can make a difference in how your day starts, continues, and ends.

-----
Since change is inevitable, you--and I--might as well embrace it. Shall we give it a go? I don't promise it will be easy, or successful, or even enjoyable. But I say it's worth a try. It might even keep me from pushing too quickly into the future.

Blessings,
Thursday's Child


The tree I love



No comments:

Post a Comment